Federated Records Management
Xybion provides powerful records management and federation capabilities for companies and helps you better manage the massive amounts of content in your infrastructure. The FRM solution will connect your legacy ECM systems with today’s leading content repositories. Our Federated Records management solution is based on the Vital Path PathBuilder™ Solution.
Is your company prepared to manage the exploding digital universe?
Since 2007, on behalf of EMC Corporation, IDC has been sizing what it calls the Digital Universe, or the amount of digital information created and replicated in a year. Here are just a few points to whet your appetite for the rest of the tabs in this IDC iView:
- In 2009, despite the global recession, the Digital Universe set a record. It grew by 62% to nearly 800,000 petabytes. A petabyte is a million gigabytes.
- This year, the Digital Universe will grow almost as fast to 1.2 million petabytes, or 1.2 zettabytes. (There’s a word we haven’t had to use until now.)
- This explosive growth means that by 2020, our Digital Universe will be 44 TIMES AS BIG as it was in 2009.
- Other key factors to consider:
- Cost of storage is decreasing while the cost of protecting and maintaining records integrity is increasing
- Data must be maintained and archived for longer periods of time
- Amount of user/employee-generated data is exploding at an alarming rate
- Most companies manage data repositories in an ad-hoc manner
Xybion FRM alleviates many of these critical issues by providing a true Federated solution for managing “in-place” data and content repositories. Using a market-leading data management solution, combined with industry best practices and experienced professional services, Xybion’s FRM is the right solution when terabytes of critical content are on the line. FRM provides the following key functions:
Leverage native content repositories – Leverage existing records and content stores by leaving content in its native repository and create aliases of each record.
Comprehensive records management – Manage file plans, retention schedules and records disposition across multiple repositories.
Federated search and retrieval – Conduct a single federated search across multiple disparate repositories.
Uniform policy management – Apply key records management policies such as records disposition and hold consistently across all record and content management systems.