Total Workforce Health & Safety
Unified Workplace Health, Safety, Medical Care, Case and Compliance Management Cloud Platform For Managing Employee Safety And Care Path Life-Cycle – Pre and post-injury
Whether you are an employer, a health care provider or a payer, we have a solution for you. Digitally follow an employee through the Workers’ Comp system lifecycle, making the right workplace health, safety, post-injury care recommendations at the right time. All stakeholders are able to have a full view of activity that impacts their decision making, before and after an injury. Xybion’s Workplace Health & Safety Platform delivers a total end-to-end solution for the Occupational Health & Safety Ecosystem. Emidence’s rapid configuration capability ensures that your personalized solution will meet your immediate needs, and scale rapidly as needed to support future functionality requirements without disrupting current business operations. Validation rules, robust access controls, and integration of all data & activities into a single database. Audit trails promote data integrity, reduces staff training time and system support costs, and streamlines reporting activities thereby lowering total cost of ownership.
The unified solution offers modules for the three main groups of workplace health: Employers, Payors, and Providers.
“Northwell Health has established its leadership position in workforce safety through its well-established processes and systems. However, the rapid business expansion and emerging needs for digitized and mobile operations across various sites needed more modern, agile and advanced technology solutions. Xybion’s Emidence® XD platform satisfies our current and evolving future needs with the unique adoption technique of “Your Process – Your Way.””
– Joseph Molloy, Vice President, Work Force Safety, Northwell Health
Automate, manage, and control workplace health and safety workflows via our rapidly deployed, easily configured Employee Health & Safety Management application.
A Single Cloud Platform For Workforce Health, Safety Medical Care, Case, OSHA Reporting, Workers' Comp and Compliance Managements
Emidence® XD provides all the functionality needed to manage workplace health and safety. The platform’s rapid configuration capability is easily tailored to your company’s needs and provides the ability to scale rapidly. With integration of all data into a single database, reporting on employee events is simple and easy.
Emidence XD Platform's Key Modules
Employee Health, Safety & Environment Management
Automate, manage and control workplace health & safety workflows via our rapidly deployable, easily configurable Employee Health and Safety Management application. Manage workplace health and safety across multiple sites (locally, regionally, nationally, globally) within your organization from one digital cloud.
Our employee risk and safety management module is specifically designed for occupational health and seamlessly integrates with internal and external systems.
- Manage workforce safety and security.
- Manage employees, organizations, locations, and job roles.
- Track training, certifications, and licenses.
- Conduct inspections, investigations, report findings and create CAPAs (Corrective Action & Preventive Actions).
- Manage employee health, immunization and compliance, industrial Hygiene and environmental exposures.
Total Incident & Workplace Safety
Automated OSHA Management Process
Rapidly configurable for your business
Evidence based Care, Claims & Compliance e-Platform
Managed health services for ease of access and seamless process
For Payors and Managed Care Providers
Workers’ Compensation Management
Managing workers’ compensation claims is complex with regulations that vary from state to state. Emidence® XD helps you gain efficiencies by integrating data and documents from multiple constituents into a single electronic case folder.
Data from the employer, medical examinations from the providers, workers’ compensation board determinations, prescriptions, treatments, re-evaluations and appeals are collected as part of a typical workers’ compensation case. Having a system that is the single source of truth supported by robust workflow and data analytics is crucial in the ever-changing workers’ compensation landscape.
Our software for payors, TPAs and managed care providers is configured to support all workers’ compensation claims – including work-related injury, occupational disease and workplace incurred fatalities – as well as specific agency, regulatory and business requirements.
Emidence can help you:
- Increase productivity
- Lower claim cost
- Ensure compliance with regulations
- Empower better outcomes
- Total Incident & Workplace Safety
- Modern Technology
- Rapidly Configurable
- Rules Engine Driven
- Workflow Options
- Embedded Document Management System
- Custom Configuration
- Digital Low Code Cloud Platform
- Manage Real Time Data
- Quality Compliance
- Data Integrity
- Unified Single Integrated Platform for Existing and New Provider Networks
Integrated EHR, Bill Review, Medical Billing And Revenue Cycle Management
The primary and the most common cause for delayed or reduced cash flow for providers is inaccurate medical billing. Emidence® XD prevents discrepancies and provides a hassle-free and accurate medical bill. This improve cash flows and gets payment to you on time.
electronic Health Records (EHR)
The Emidence EHR platform streamlines utilization review processes to reduce denials because of administrative reasons. Our evidence-based EHR solution is optimized for the workers’ compensation marketplace, including a focus on musculoskeletal injuries, and is capable of managing a variety of practice areas from start to finish.
Bill Review Integration
Our bill review platform seamlessly integrates with our EHR platform. Bills can be directly sent from EHR to bill review without incurring any additional costs. The system optimizes and integrates workflow processes with claims management software and is:
- Instantly available to a bill reviewer
- Accurate, Compliant, Scalable and Efficient
- ICD-10 compliant
- Fully integrated with state fee schedules
Digital Billing and ICD-10 Integration
The ICD-10 engine is built natively into Emidence. The platform creates medical bills that incorporate ICD-10 codes right from the exam room, allowing you to:
- Get paid faster
- Reduce claim errors
- Perform a mock bill review to look for errors that may trigger a claim error or denial, resulting in slower payment
Emidence gives you certainty so you know exactly how much you will be reimbursed so you can improve your practice’s revenue forecast.
Complete, evidence based EHR that works the way you work
Medical Billing and Revenue Cycle Management for All Providers
Real Time On-Boarding, Verify, Approve, and Manage Delineation of Priviledges (DOPs) across multiple sites.
Let’s visualize the platform through the following scenes.
SCENE 1: Lifecycle of an Injury Through the Digital Platform
Let’s visualize the platform we introduced through the following scene.
Here’s Freddy. Freddy is late for his next meeting at the other end of the building. Freddy is running through the hallway, which is a safety violation to begin with. Someone dropped a pen and didn’t realize it. Freddy slips on the pen and falls backwards onto his back.
SCENE 2: Incident Report, Investigation and OSHA Reporting
Utilizing the Health and Safety Module, Freddy can log this incident directly into Emidence through a self service portal authorized by the employer. Freddy’s risk manager pulls Freddy’s employee demographic information from the human resource system and is guided through a series of questions to gather pertinent information to send to the employer’s carrier or third-party administrator. The third-party administrator will load the injury detail into the claims management system to establish a claim or report only incident.
If it is determined that this is an OSHA reportable event and that medical care is needed, the injured employee will be referred to a care clinic. The required OSHA form, 300, 301, 300A, will be auto-populated by the system with the information gathered. The OSHA team can review and auto-upload the reports into the OSHA portal.
Freddy’s supervisor can initiate an investigation using Emidence’s inspection and CAPA modules, close the inspection, put corrective actions and new training in place by using Emidence’s ECM module.
SCENE 3: Case Management, Return to Work and Industrial Hygiene
Emidence Case management module automatically creates a case and is immediately available to the case managers.
- Case managers can log all communications, SMS text send from the platform into the database.
- The built-in ODG (Occupational Disability Guideline) provides planning guideline for absence and Return-to-work estimates.
- Built-in job requirements in Emidence helps the case manager find alternate jobs for the person if not able to meet the requirements of the original job pre-injury.
- Industrial Hygiene can carry out the investigation, if needed, and close the case.
- Environmental screening, monitoring, respiratory and hearing PPEs can be issued and fitted using Emidence’s Industrial Hygiene and Inventory modules.
SCENE 4: Patient Portal & Physician Office Visit and The Encounter
The injured employee will visit the patient portal of the physician’s practice management system to pre-fill basic health information. Details about the injury are automatically pulled into the physician’s system through our integrated model.
- Pre-populating the OSHA form saves administrative hours and ensures compliance.
- Pre-populating the physician system via the patient portal saves employee time and facilitates a smoother office visit.
The physician will sign into the practice management module and be guided through a series of evidence-based, injury specific guidelines. When the physician completes the assessment, the physician will lock the record and automatically send the medical bill and medical notes through the billing platform electronically to the carrier or third-party administrator.
- The evidence-based, injury specific guidelines embedded in the system guarantees a clean medical bill is populated when the encounter is complete.
- Locking of the record immediately at the completion of the encounter and automatically submitting it to the billing team reduces transcription hours and facilitates prompt filing and faster time to payment.
- Automatic submission of the bill to the payer eliminates the printing and faxing of medical notes as well as follow-up calls requesting missing notes. Administrative time is saved as well as administrative costs.
SCENE 5 & 6: Bill Received by Payer and Sent to Medical Bill Review
The carrier will log back into the claims platform and see that a bill has been received.
- The carrier may set up a claim or link the bill to an established claim.
- The carrier electronically sends the medical bill and notes to bill review.
- Once the bill is released to the medical bill review engine, the bill will be evaluated further for carrier specific business rules, state rules, network application, and recommendation of payment.
The integrated system enables the carrier to see the stage the employee is in throughout the lifecycle of the claim.
- Reduces lost bills and associated documents by linking all associated bills and notes to the employee systematically.
- Reduction of paper handling and associated administrative tasks associated to mail room functions are decreased.
- Medical Bill review is completed more quickly, enabling faster payments and in some cases, return-to-work.
The carrier will release payment to the provider and attach to the claim file within the claims management system the documentation supporting payment.
What does all of this mean for you? No matter what role you play within the workers’ comp system, we’ve created a way that you can have a holistic view of the employee through the WC system, pre and post injury.
- Xybion’s combined solution is more powerful than any competition Xybion offers a total end-to-end solution powered by one source of truth. Gone are the days of merging data from multiple sources and piecing together multiple solutions.
- Xybion bridges the gap between stakeholders delivering customized solutions from one cloud – one core database – with multiple interconnected apps.